We can’t wait –the 27th WOŚP Berlin Finale, the big charity event our Collection Center has been working on all of last year, takes place on Saturday, January 12th in Werkstatt der Kulturen!
This year, the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity, a Polish foundation that collects money for improving medical care in Poland each year, plays „to help save children’s lives”—by purchasing equipment for specialised children’s hospital wards and clinics.
Help us save lives!
Support us in collecting money towards this grand goal—helping is child’s play! 👶🏻
- Donate via PayPal
- Donate via Facebook
- Donate via TransferGo – promo code: WOSPBerlin
- Bid on our online auctions
- Come to our Finale
- Come to our Beforeparty and Afterparty
Our organisational costs are fully covered by sponsor money, so 100% of what we collect through all these means goes straight to the Foundation!
I support @wospberlin! ❤️ Do you? #WOŚP2019 #wospberlinClick to Tweet
12pm – 3:30 pm — Kids’ Program
- Arts & crafts corner
- Face painting
- First aid demonstrations
- The first charity auctions
3:30pm – 10pm — Main Stage
- Kids’ dance ensemble „Krakowiacy” — a traditional Polish dance, the polonaise
- White voice choir „Kolędnicy” — a choir that practices white voice singing, a shout-singing style from Eastern Europe. Traditional songs and carols.
- Andreas Bo — Blues guitarist
- SWAZZOU — German swing band
- SoniaM — well-known Polish soul singer
- The Erinyes — Berlin-based glam punk band
- Charity auctions
- Light to the Sky — a WOŚP tradition
12pm – 10pm — Something For Everyone
- WOŚP Foundation donation boxes
- WOŚP Foundation heart-shaped stickers
- DKMS Deutschland donor registration
- Flea market and used book fair
- Quiz with prizes
- Polish food
What is a WOŚP Finale?
It’s a one-day charity drive organised annually by the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity (in Polish: Wielka Orkiestra Świątecznej Pomocy, hence „WOŚP). We’re putting together an all-day party with many attractions, including a kids’ corner, Polish food, live music, and much more to collect money for their cause.
This event doesn’t discriminate—you’re welcome to support it regardless of your political views, whether you believe in pineapple on pizza, and whichever way you hang the toilet paper in your home!
The goal—to support and improve the quality of medical care in Poland
The Finale is a Polish initiative, but it has spread all over The World—to all the places where Poles live. the Orchestra plays in New York, in Dublin, in Frankfurt, in London, in Moscow, in Tokio, in Barcelona, in Paris….. Over 1700 cities (and Collection Centers just like ours), including 1500 in Poland and over 200 abroad, take part!
Each Finale features a couple of the Foundation’s traditions. One of them is the heart-shaped stickers with the Foundation’s name, „Wielka Orkiestra Świątecznej Pomocy”, given out to everyone who donates. The other is the Light to the Sky—we turn on glowsticks and flashlights and send positive thoughts to where they’re needed the most.
Come to our Finale! Our volunteers speak English and German, there are non-Polish books at our used book fair, great food, live music, and much more. You’ll have plenty of fun!